My 1st running low point

I decided to re start running (ok I haven’t actually run since school) about 2 months ago.
Just short distances on my lunch break.

I currently work 3 days a week as I have a 3 year old so getting any spare time to exercise is really hard. Any spare “me” time I do get I usually end up doing some kind of chore.

A few people at work run on their lunch break so I decided to join the crowd.

As I am fairly (very) new to this type of cardio, so I have taken it very slowly. I currently run about 2k which takes around 15 mins. When I say run, I still haven’t managed to run the whole way yet.

We also have showers at work, so I am lucky enough to go back to work relatively refreshed and maybe slightly out of breath. I also make sure I still give myself enough time to eat my lunch away from my desk.

Since I started running I have always felt really good after my run, and have found the actual run itself quite enjoyable. It is hard, however when I complete each run I always fell really happy with myself. I normally spend the morning talking myself out of it - so when I am finished I feel a great sense of achievement. Self motivation is very hard!

Today however I was really up for it. I didn’t even talk myself out of it during the morning and got changed and set my playlist as normal. I even found that Amazon music have a lot of playlists that will keep you going for a very long time! Perfect!
So there I am, I even have very comfy new running trainers (they have given me a blister) but they are very bouncy and do appear to make my run more bearable on my legs.
I set off as normal starting with a very gentle pace. I had been running for a few minutes and I instantly felt sick and wanted to turn back. I carried on and completed my lap. Took a shower and ate a salad. I had absolutely no energy and 7 hours after my run I still feel very fatigued. My mood is still low and I generally feel blergh.

I have spoken to a few more experienced runners and they have said this feeling is completely normal. Also my fiancé who is pretty much my PT has said my body probably still isn’t used to the exercise yet.

I have still set myself the goal of completing at least 3 runs this week. So tomorrow I am really hoping that I feel better and have the energy.
My main goal is to complete a 5k run, without walking. To get to this goal I am trying to run at least 2k without walking, then 3, 4 until I get to 5k.
Who knows, one day I may even try a half marathon. Watch this space!


So this is me after my run, sweaty and  red faced 🥵 

Comments